I have always wondered about this and the more I thought about it the more I realize this is true. When I have had a large meal, mostly fatty I feel wonderful. My brain is like the Kool-Aid guy saying: “ooohhhhhh yeahhhhhh!!!” Then moments later I feel saturated like a water-logged bush and just want to sleep. Like someone hit me over the head.
Granted the fatties taste better (OMG they do!) however in the long run just not good for you and with a genetically pre-disposed history of heart disease on both sides of my lovely family I have to eat better:
Be Positive!Life inevitably presents challenges and frustrations. It’s up to you to look for ways to improve your life and enhance your overall being. You can do a number of things to experience greater joy and pleasure in life:
- Eat well. Both your body and your mind need good nutrition to function. Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and grains and adding healthy oils (fish and olive) can improve the way you feel. At the very minimum, take a high potency multiple vitamin everyday.
Lifestyle Changes – Create Good Health
Healthy and Nutritious Diet – Since obesity is a national health problem; it is important to carefully take a look at what is eaten throughout the day. The food groups have been changed throughout the years as it is learned we need more vegetables, whole grains and less starch. Eating a variety of foods is thought to be better instead of eating the same things over and over again. Generally it is agreed to eat less sugar, salt and animal fat. Many say to eat several small meals instead of 3 large ones. Being a vegetarian may be good for some and not for others, but eating too much protein isn’t good either. Others suggest organic food is the only way to eat because of the natural growth cycle and no pesticides. The fast foods had taken over the food industry; but we can eat simple balanced meals and feel good about it. There are many cookbooks and magazines available to promote healthy eating and it isn’t necessary to spend all day in the kitchen. We may be starting to drink enough water because we can buy it at any corner; but we need at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep the body lubricated and everything functioning properly.
Supplements of Vitamins, Minerals and Herbs – The topic of vitamins and herbal supplements are huge and there are many reasons why people should take them to support their bodies. If the body is deficient in certain nutrients; it will break down and become sick. Diets aren’t what they once were and the foods we eat don’t provide the rich vitamin sources we need. Any physician can do testing to see what is needed in the body. Quality of product is somewhat of an issue because many of these products are not regulated by the FDA and are not quality controlled. Ask a practitioner what product is best for specific health issues. Health stores have grown and there are many websites where these products can be purchased.
Why eat healthy? Here are the top 5 reasons:
- Eating a healthy diet will decrease our body total cholesterol, increase its HDL (good) cholesterol and decrease its LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- That is why: Eating a healthy diet can help reduce the risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Eating a healthy diet helps achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Eating a healthy diet increases our body’s ability to fight infections.
- Eating a healthy diet is satisfying and eliminates nutritional deficiencies.