shame http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf (shm)
a. A painful emotion caused by a strong sense of guilt, embarrassment, unworthiness, or disgrace.
b. Capacity for such a feeling: Have you no shame?
2. One that brings dishonor, disgrace, or condemnation.
3. A condition of disgrace or dishonor; ignominy.
4. A great disappointment.
1. To cause to feel shame; put to shame.
2. To bring dishonor or disgrace on.
3. To disgrace by surpassing.
4. To force by making ashamed: He was shamed into making an apology.
put to shame
1. To fill with shame; disgrace.
2. To outdo thoroughly; surpass: Your productivity has put the rest of us to shame.
Have you ever done anything in your life that you felt you brought disgrace upon yourself or a loved one?
Did you think about at the time how it would make your significant other feel?
Did you care?
I feel like this…never act upon something which you KNOW you would regret later because at the time you knew it was wrong (think about your subconscious trying to lay on a guilt trip) but the other part of you wanted to go ahead and follow through with it because it made you feel good at that moment.
Am sure we all have had such weak moments in our lives that we are not proud of —–but really now….how many of those moments in your past could you count?
OR…have you lost count?
Sure we could be selfish and live out our lives with the intention of pleasing no one but ourselves….and if you choose that route prepare to walk it alone.
Walk with dishonor you walk alone…………………..